You can use Cap04 with Mach3 in 2 ways.
1. You can use as a stand alone THC in Plasma or Oxy-Fuel Cutter applications
2. Together with voltage controlled THC as a IHS (Initial Height Sensor), and Capacitive Limit Switch in Plasma Cutter applications.IN POSITION and TOUCH outputs can be used
Sensor connection made via parallel port and requires 3 or 4 inputs.
You can use THC UP and THC DOWN inputs for controlling the height by capacitive sensing.
Also connect.Cap04 IN POSITION output to the Probe Input shown below.
Connect Cap04 TOUCH output
the – Z limit
switch in voltage controlled height sensing applications
You need simple macro for M3 (or M03) command . It could be easily edit or create in VB editor or simply copy and paste. Please call for the latest Macro codes.
Dim PierceHeight, PierceTime, Z_Min_Height, Z_Pos
You don't need cutting height or piercing height in your cam software.
Delete ALL Z values after M3 command until M5 present.
You only need retract level ( Z ) for Torch moves up between cuts.
Sample G Code
G21 (Units: Metric)
Connection diagram of CAP04 with Mach3 shown below
1. You need 2. Port LPT input on your PC and enable it. Address may vary.
2. Configure 2. Port inputs
Config>Ports&Pins>Input Signal>Enable Torch On , Torch Up, Torch Down and Probe inputs
3. Configure -Z Limit Switch input.
(This may not require or you can cofigure on your request such as TOUCH or WARNING facility)
Increase Acceleration value about 1.5 times greater (or more) velocity of Z axis.
5. In GENERAL CONFIG section check "G04 Dwell.in ms" box
6. Use our Plasma11 screen set Download ZIP file
Important points are in circles.
7. Rename your M3 to M3org. Also copy and rename our M3*. file to M3